Information We Collect on the Service:
- Information You Directly Provide Us. In order to provide you with a basic Picaboo account, you may provide us with information about you, including your name and mobile phone number. You may provide us with information in various ways when using the Service. For example, you provide us with information when you register for a Picaboo account, use the Service, upload or share text, photos, or other media on or through the Service, or send us customer service-related requests using the Service.
- Information Automatically Collected When You Use Our Service. We collect certain information automatically when you use the Service in order to facilitate communications through the Service, provide features and functionality, and for all other purposes described in this Policy. This information may include information collected directly from your mobile device after you have installed the Picaboo App, as well as information collected from your device when you visit our Site. This information includes:- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through the Service. We collect information about when you launch the Picaboo App. We collect information about messages such as the time, date, recipient, and the number of comments on your messages. We also collect information about the number of messages you exchange with your contacts, which contacts you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open or update a message or capture a screenshot).- Information We Collect When You Contact Us. Whenever you have a question for our helpful Support team, you may visit Picaboo.zendesk.com. When you contact the Support team or communicate with us in any other way, we collect whatever information you volunteer. For instance, if you submit files or any other materials to us through our Site, we will collect that information.
- Message Contents. We collect the contents of the messages you send through the Service. Please see the "Message Deletion" section of this Policy for more information on message contents we collect, how long we keep it, and how long your contacts have access to it.
- Device Information. We collect information about your device, including the phone model, screen size, mobile network information, device identifiers (including IDFA for iOS devices and IMEI for Android devices), operating system and version, browser type and language, and mobile device phone number. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the (hopefully rare) event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Service. For example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect information about your device's performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
- Device Contact List and Photos. With your consent, we access your device's photos so that you can share your favorite photos through Picaboo.
- Location Information. With your consent, we may obtain information about your device location by inference from the information we collect (for example, your IP address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet).
- Information Collected by Other Tracking Technologies. We also use web beacons and clear gifs to help us understand how users interact with the Site and Service, which in turn helps us improve the Service. Web beacons and clear gifs are small pieces of software on a webpage or email that help us see how you interact with that webpage or email. The information collected by these technologies may include your IP address, other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with your Personal Information. To learn more about how third parties use these technologies on the Site and Service, please see the "Third Party Analytics and Advertising Services" section of the Policy.
- Website Log Information. We collect log file information when you use our Site. That information includes, among other things, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
How We Use the Information We Collect. We use information we collect on the Service and Site to provide you with and to improve and innovate the Service and Site. We also use the information to:
- Operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users;
- Understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Communicate with you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with;
- Personalize our Service, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide customized advertisements, content, and information;
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and third-party marketing activities;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
How We Share Information. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- When you send a message, your recipients will see your username and whatever your message says or shows (whether that's a photo, video, text, etc.). When you view content that another Picaboo user has sent you, we may inform the sender that someone saw it by updating the view count of the message. Please note that at this time there is no way for you to remove Picabooers that may appear in your Picaboo contacts list.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we generally require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise de-identified information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
The Service may also contain third-party links or be a co-branded or third-party-branded service that's being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links or by using a co-branded or third-party-branded Service, you may be providing personal information directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our Service.
Message Access and Deletion
Messages sent through the Service will be automatically deleted after the amount of time or number of views you specify is complete. All expired messages are immediately deleted from Picaboo's servers. Nevertheless, you should understand that users who see your messages can always save them, either by taking a screenshot or by using some other image-capture technology. Please also note that Picaboo messages are accessible via unique URLs assigned to each message; as a result, the messages may be accessible to persons other than the intended recipient of your messages if those persons access the message URL.
Additionally, we can't guarantee that messages will be deleted within a specific timeframe. And even after we've deleted message data from our servers, that same data may remain in backup for a limited period of time. We may also receive and comply with requests from law enforcement requiring us by law to suspend our ordinary server-deletion practices for specific information. Finally, of course, as with any digital information, there may be ways to access messages while still in temporary storage on recipients' devices or, forensically, even after they are deleted.
Third Party Analytics and Advertising Services
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Our Site and Service are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Do Not Track
We do not track our Site visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and do not specifically respond to Do Not Track ("DNT") signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities, including across other websites on the Internet, which enables these websites to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such websites, your browser may allow you to set a DNT signal on your browser so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.O. Box 60429
Sunnyvale, CA 94088